Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Handcrafted Personality in Altar Spaces

|Credit: [x]|

Every holiday season since I went off to collge, my family and I make a lot of things. Not just "christmas cookies," but decorations, too. I painted a number of boxes last year with some beautiful pagan designs. They store my candles and incense I can't have while I stay in the dorms. My grandfather makes wreathes ever so often, almost like the one pictured above. This year, we were both probably going to work on other things. One of my ideas was to make more vertical space on my altar by using small cabinets and/or spice racks.

If you're of a mind to get creative, lots of projects can surface. Not everything has to be bought as-is to be the perfect pagan altar tools or decorations. Maybe this short post was/is a plug for the handmade community -- or even for antique stores. But you never really know what you're going to find. I'm personally tired of my altar being so horizontal. I want to organize things a bit more and make it a little mysterious and personal. I still only have small things, despite wanting to make more things to represent my path. Mostly tumbled stones, and little bottles of oil. A few necklaces. A few bits and bobs that mean something somehow. But yes, it is mostly my crystals and stones that need to be displayed properly.

I'll be sure to take some pictures when everything is all set as much as possible before I get back from break. I hope all goes well and according to my vision. I think it will.

What sort of things do you guys do for your altars? How do you make them organized and pretty? How are the organization aspects of it personalized?

0 comments:

Post a Comment