Tuesday, November 13, 2012

When One Door Closes

|Credit: [x]|
So, yesterday's post was a bit more negative than I had intended. I have a hunk of obsidian in my right pocket and it has been fantastic. They say the stone will just absorb the negativity right out of you. So far, so true. Another thing -- a good dish of sea salt can cleanse a stone filled to cracking with negativity. It really does take a lot of the energy, so don't worry too much. I've never had cause for it to be so filled with negativity, but... it happens to the best of us, I suppose.

Thanksgiving break happens in exactly ONE week. I don't think I've needed a vacation more than now. I'll make a very obvious statement -- stress is quite strange. I can usually handle a lot of it -- not a problem. I might usually be all love and light, calm and thoughtful... you know. But that doesn't make me immune. It doesn't exclude me from anger or being overwhelmed.  And it certainly doesn't make me weak. 

I really struggled for the first time in a long time with a bunch of very unfortunate circumstances. Lots of negativity was generated by me, and by others around me. That's the sad part. Nobody was able to step back and actually understand the core of the issue -- which was and is probably stress.

Witches tend to have a thousand different ways to deal with stress in general. One of my favorites is a good chamomile tea. Peppermint also works. Sage incense is another good choice -- or really, many herbal candles, essential oils or incenses work well. Everyone has different ways of dealing with different types of stress.

One of the main things I have had to force myself to remember in dealing with this -- in trying to keep calm -- is that when one door closes, another will open. With negative, there will be positive. Take into consideration that all actions have consequence. If you believe in it, all actions have Karma. There are two sides to this coin. What energy you put out in the world will come back eventually.

That's just how it is.

Life gets a little strange sometimes. But hardly anything is entirely without rhyme or reason.

0 comments:

Post a Comment