Sunday, December 30, 2012

Bravely Fearful

|Credit: [x]|
I said to my friends that a good cup of coffee, a few hours of sad music, and a frenzy of poetry writing (ect...) is the cure to that awful "broken heart" feeling we all experience now and again. It works for me each time. Writers, I think, are fueled and inspired by events such as these. Sometimes it takes a very long time for such emotions to pass. Sometimes they pass relatively quickly -- but the memories still linger in each line you write down.

I am a very positive and optimistic kind of person. I cannot exist in an environment of constant negativity. Because of this, I see no value in being negative myself -- in self-hate, in self-conscious behavior -- in constantly crying and acting like all of life has turned against me. I think I read somewhere that if you don't have any ups and downs in life, then you've flatlined. The best you can do is take everything with a grain of salt and move on. Sometimes things work, and sometimes they don't -- and it doesn't mean you have to drop every memory or always be 100% positive. Have your bad days. Remember why you hurt. But learn as you do. Learn why and understand that each part of your past constructed the person you are today.

Sure.

Heartbreak is fantastically awful. Worse than physical injury, I think. In admitting such emotion, you are all at once strong and vulnerable. Brave, yet scared to death. In rejection, all we initially want to do is blame. But sometimes, the right people in the right place are not where they ought to be at that time. In the worst cases -- I've known people to part ways entirely. Perhaps they are meant to walk parallel paths that never cross. Perhaps they will meet again, renewed -- at whatever the 'right' time might be. We all have our reasons, expectations and ideals. Can we blame each other for that?

Think positively.

0 comments:

Post a Comment